We need your help!
Every month, volunteers contribute an average of 1,500 hours of service at Bethesda Mission. We could not meet the needs in our community without your help. Please consider how you can donate your time and talents to help struggling men, women and children in Harrisburg.
Community Service Application (Court-Ordered)
Prior to submitting an application, it is important for volunteers to read, understand and agree to the following information:
Our most urgent volunteer needs:
Community Center Maintenance Manager
- Oversee and work with a crew to complete outside and inside maintenance tasks such as lawn mowing, snow removal, trash collection/removal, floor cleaning/waxing, miscellaneous jobs.
- Work with team of other volunteers to ensure tasks are completed properly and when needed.
- Estimated one day per week or as needed – days/times may vary
Community Center Assistants
After-school help, weekdays 4-6 pm
Donation Center Assistants
- Greet and help people who come to drop off donations at our Donation Center: 611 Reily Street.
- Shifts are between the hours of 10am – 4pm, weekdays
Christmas at Italian Lake
- Assist at the event on December 14 and 15
- Set up, clean up, ticket booth helpers, and assisting with various event activities
Current Volunteer Opportunities For…
We welcome men and women who would like to give their time to help those in need at Bethesda Mission!
- Serve Dinner (Soup Line) or Lunch at Men’s Mission — Sign up here
- Cook & Serve a meal at Women’s Mission
- Women’s Mission Front Desk Receptionist
- Donor Services (office) Support
- Skills teacher
- Phone Ambassador
- Community Center Assistant (After-school helper)
- Dentists, Nurses, Hygienists
- Dental Hygienist
- Donation Center Assistant
- Professional Services: RN, Hygienist, Dentist
Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Please see the “Family” section for ideas for children.
Bring a group from your church, office, or organization to serve at Bethesda Mission!
For your protection, we don’t advise bringing children to volunteer in all capacities, but we are happy to have families serve together. Here are some ideas:
If you have Community Service hours that need to be fulfilled, we offer opportunities to do so and will track your hours as needed.
Please click the link in the top section of this page to apply.
Current Volunteer Opportunities At…
- Serve Lunch
- Serve Dinner (Soup Line)
- Skills teacher (budgeting, computers, etc.)
- Women's Mission
- Community Center Assistant (After-school help)
- Janitorial Help
- Grounds Keeping
- Event Help (Set up, Tear down, Activities, Food service)
Medical & Dental Clinics
- Registered Nurses
- Dental Hygienists
- Mobile Mission Assistant: Become a team member one night: Take food, clothing, and other needed items to those living on the streets. Friday and Saturday nights from 7:00pm – 10:00pm.
- Pack food bags for distribution
- CDL Licensed driver
- Van driver
If you have questions about volunteering that haven’t been answered on this page, please contact Rebecca Clymer, Volunteer Coordinator at 717.257.4442 x229 or firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking below:
It’s never too late to get involved! Check out this helpful resource from the Department of Aging.
Volunteer Information Center Log-in
Click here to log in to our online volunteer portal. You can update your contact information, schedule yourself for volunteer shifts, and remove yourself from the calendar if you can’t make it.