There are lots of ways to get involved! Here are some ways to help you may not have thought of:
Host an Event
- Sell homemade items and donate proceeds (or a portion of proceeds) to Bethesda Mission
- Host a yard sale, for your home and/or your neighborhood, and donate proceeds to Bethesda Mission
- Hold a baked goods sale
- Host an educational event in a local park or church that addresses homelessness (invite us to speak!)
- Host a movie night at your house or church and play a movie that educates about homelessness (invite us to come speak!)
- Run a craft show/pop-up shop and donate a portion of proceeds to Bethesda Mission
- Be creative!
When advertising for your event, be sure to make it clear that all proceeds will go to Bethesda Mission. This will likely encourage participation and make for a more successful event as people know the proceeds will go to a great cause!
- Become a Pillar (monthly giver)
Community Aid Clothing Bins
There are Community Aid bins throughout the area that, when donations from the bin are collected, Community Aid donates money to Bethesda Mission.
Here is a list of those locations:
- Aldersgate UMC, Mechanicsburg
- Hillside Christian Fellowship, Millersburg
- New Covenant Fellowship, Mechanicsburg
- New Life Church, New Cumberland
- Swatara Church of God, Harrisburg
Memorials & Tributes
Memorials & Tributes are published here. Donors have the opportunity to honor past or present friends, family members, or special events. Donations not only help the guests that are struggling to begin a new life, but are also a lovely way of honoring those important to us, and remembering those who have gone on before us.
Simply select this option when you make your donation here.
Please be sure to check with your employer. Many companies will match your gift to Bethesda Mission, if you simply let them know that you are donating to our organization.
Mail a gift
To mail a gift, please download the donation form here, and send to:
P.O. Box 3041
Harrisburg, PA 17105
Deciding what to do with your estate after you’re gone can be a difficult and stressful process. We’d like to help ease the burden by offering no-pressure guidance from financial professionals.
- Material Donations
Organize a Drive
Take a look at our needs list and choose which items you’d like to collect, then let us know! We’ll help in any way we can.
Here are a few other ideas:
- Host a gift card drive (Amazon, Walmart, Giant, Target, etc)
- Have a canned goods drive at a local business or church
- “Fill a bag.” Invite your friends & family to fill a bag with items from our Needs List!
- Other Websites that help Bethesda
Our Women’s Auxiliary is active in supporting Bethesda Mission in a variety of ways including planning activities for our guests and fundraising. If you’re interested in joining them, please contact Rebecca Clymer for more information: email@example.com / 717-257-4442 x229