Families, church groups, businesses, and other local groups can make a big difference- and have fun- by volunteering as a group. Follow these simple steps to get started, and check out the group opportunities listed below.
- Read our Confidentiality Policy.
- Fill out the online group application.
Our volunteer coordinator will get in touch with you soon after receiving your form.
- Print and sign the group disclosure statement and bring it with you to your volunteer shift. All volunteers in your group, age 18+, must sign this statement.
Please note: Additional clearances may be required. While we want to get you involved as quickly as possible, it may take up to 3 weeks to complete this process.
Possible group opportunities:
- Serve a meal- groups of 6 or less, available daily
- Women’s Shelter: Lunch volunteers serve 10:00-1:00; Dinner volunteers serve 3:00-5:30
- Men’s Shelter: Lunch volunteers serve 11:15-12:15 weekdays, 11:45-12:45 Saturdays; Dinner volunteers serve 4:15-6:15 daily
- Special Projects (such as yard work, painting, etc)
If your group is interested in hosting a drive on our behalf, please view our needs list and select any items that work best for you!
Important information about group projects:
- Most of our group projects are suitable for up to 10 people, but occasionally we are able to work with larger groups on a case-by-case basis.
- Group scheduling: any special group volunteer projects require time to plan with the appropriate departments. Please submit requests at least 30-60 days prior to the date of service.