Reaching Children, Teens, & Families
Bethesda Mission Community Center exists to develop meaningful relationships with children, teens, and families in the Harrisburg area and guide them into a relationship with Jesus Christ so that they can be a positive influence in their homes, schools, and communities.
We are undergoing an exciting renovation and expansion! Learn more about the capital campaign and how you can fireproof a life here.
The following programs are designed to accomplish that mission:
- Bethesda’s After-School Program serves youth ages 7 through 18 who, for the most part, live in the surrounding neighborhood. A typical week consists of spiritual development and creative learning classes, homework help, arts and crafts, recreation, snacks, and plenty of fun.
- During summer break, we run an 8-week Summer Camp Program offering morning classes, lunch and a large variety of afternoon field trips.
- Workforce Development – Teens work on practical/career skills through project-based learning and go on college visits and educational trips.
- Ministry/Leadership – Teens are mentored and given opportunities to serve and go on mission trips.
- Sports – Teens are trained in various sports and assisted in making highlight tapes and college visits.
We know that, to affect the greatest change, we need to engage the whole family. As the Community Center expands, we envision additional programs for all-ages. Currently, we offer:
- Ladies’ Ministry
Supportive group meetings, encouragement, and appreciation events for women ages 18 and up.
Free Zumba classes on every other Monday night for anyone in the community interested in getting in shape and having fun!
- Community Events
In addition to Family Dinners for those enrolled in our children & teen programs, we host 2 or more community events throughout the year to provide resources, share the gospel, and encourage community building between our neighbors.
For questions about community events, contact Denise Sturnes 717-257-5483, ext. 310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Community Center