Bethesda Mission Launches #iheartHBG Campaign
16 Local Coffee Shops Participate
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania (January 3, 2017) — Sixteen Harrisburg area coffee shops and Bethesda Mission are spreading the love this winter. They’ve launched Bethesda Mission’s #iheartHBG and they’re asking central Pennsylvania to join them.
When patrons at participating coffee shops purchase a cup of coffee, they will receive a free #iheartHBG cup sleeve and are encouraged to post their pictures, love and support for Harrisburg on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. While the central goal of the campaign is to rally community pride and boost small business participation, patrons also may leave a business card or donation. Business cards will be used to contact those who may be interested in volunteering for Bethesda Mission; donations will be used to support the expansion of the Bethesda Mission Community Center.
“The mission of the Mission is always to bring people together and support Harrisburg and the new year seems like a perfect time to do this,” said Chuck Wingate, Executive Director of Bethesda Mission. “We want to rally several generations of support for Harrisburg and Bethesda Mission. We thank all of the coffee purveyors who have joined us and hope everyone living, working and visiting the city will participate. Simply visit your local coffee shop and share the love.”
The campaign will continue through January and February, as long as sleeve supplies and enthusiasm lasts. The following coffee shops are participating in #iheartHBG:
- Brew Crumberland’s Best, 1903 Bridge Street, New Cumberland
- Capital Joe, 416 Forster Street, Harrisburg
- Chris & Val’s Cafe, 324 Market Street, Lemoyne
- Crave and Co., 614 N. 2nd Street, Harrisburg
- Dalicia Bakery & Coffee Shop, 1419 N. 3rd Street, Harrisburg
- Duck Donuts, 6230 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg
- Elementary Coffee Co., 1233 N. 3rd Street, Broad Street Market, Harrisburg
- Game Table Cafe, 4900 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg
- Juice & Java, 5258 Simpson Ferry Road, Mechanicsburg
- Little Amps, 1836 Green Street, Harrisburg
- Little Amps, 133 State Street, Harrisburg
- Little Amps, 320 Market Street, Strawberry Square, Harrisburg
- Mellow Minded Cafe, 5943 Linglestown Road, Harrisburg
- On The Way Cafe, 222 Market Street, Strawberry Arcade, Harrisburg
- Tomato Pie Cafe, 3950 Tecport Drive, Harrisburg
- Yellowbird Cafe, 1320 N. 3rd Street, Harrisburg
The Bethesda Mission Community Center opened in 1990 on Herr Street on Allison Hill. The center provides services and activities for Harrisburg children, teens and families. Fundraising for the center’s expansion project is underway. The renovation would upgrade the current facilities HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, as well as add services and space for a gym, creative arts, education and IT support systems, music studio, banquets/large events, outdoor play area and senior activities with the ability to serve 150-200 kids and families.
Bethesda Mission has been providing hope and healing to hungry & homeless people in the Greater Harrisburg area since 1914.
See attached images of coffee cup sleeves, campaign graphic, Bethesda Mission Community Center rendering.
Comments are closed.