We need your help!
Every month, volunteers contribute an average of 1,500 hours of service at Bethesda Mission. We could not meet the needs in our community without your help. Please consider how you can donate your time and talents to help struggling men, women and children in Harrisburg.
Our most urgent volunteer needs:
Donation Center Assistant
- Greet and help people who come to drop off donations at our Donation Center: 611 Reily Street.
- Shifts are between the hours of 10am – 4pm, weekdays
- Read more about the “Donation Center Assistant” volunteer position
Driver for supply pick-ups
In need of a driver to pick up supplies from warehouse in Mechanicsburg and deliver to Women’s Mission on regular basis.
Current Volunteer Opportunities For…
We welcome men and women who would like to give their time to help those in need at Bethesda Mission!
- Serve Dinner (Soup Line) or Lunch at Men’s Mission
- Cook & Serve a meal at Women’s Mission
- Women’s Mission Front Desk Receptionist
- Donor Services (office) Support
- Skills teacher
- Community Center Assistant (After-school helper)
- Dentists, Nurses, Hygienists
- Dental Hygienist
- Donation Center Assistant
- Professional Services: RN, Hygienist, Dentist
Anyone under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Please see the “Family” section for ideas for children.
Bring a group from your church, office, or organization to serve at Bethesda Mission!
For your protection, we don’t advise bringing children to volunteer in all capacities, but we are happy to have families serve together. Here are some ideas:
- Community Service
Current Volunteer Opportunities At…
- Serve Lunch
- Serve Dinner (Soup Line)
- Skills teacher (budgeting, computers, etc.)
- Women's Mission
- Community Center Assistant (After-school help)
- Janitorial Help
- Grounds Keeping
- Event Help (Set up, Tear down, Activities, Food service)
Medical & Dental Clinics
- Registered Nurses
- Dental Hygienists
- Mobile Mission Assistant: Become a team member one night: Take food, clothing, and other needed items to those living on the streets. Friday and Saturday nights from 9:00pm – 12:00am.
- Pack food bags for distribution
- CDL Licensed driver
- Van driver
Let us know you’d like to volunteer by contacting Debbie King, Volunteer Coordinator at 717.257.4442 x222 or email@example.com or by clicking below:
It’s never too late to get involved! Check out this helpful resource from the Department of Aging.