Reaching Children, Teens & Families
Bethesda Mission Community Center exists to developing meaningful relationships with children, teens and families in the Harrisburg area and guide them into a relationship with Jesus Christ so that they can be a positive influence in their homes, schools and communities.
We are undergoing an exciting renovation and expansion! Learn more about the capital campaign here:
Community Center Building Project
The following programs are designed to accomplish that mission:
- Bethesda’s After-School Program serves youth ages 7 through 18 who, for the most part, live in the surrounding neighborhood. A typical week consists of spiritual development and creative learning classes, homework help, arts and crafts, recreation, snacks, and plenty of fun.
- During summer break, we run an 8-week Summer Camp Program offering morning classes, lunch and a large variety of afternoon field trips.
The Takeover encompasses all opportunities to engage with the city’s teenagers. We know that there is a culture and a way of life that has been handed down to the youth in this community that needs to be “Taken Over.” That “takeover” needs to be done in the heart and that is the foundation of everything we do.
- “Hot Spot” is a weekly outreach night designed to introduce teenagers to the Center and present the gospel of Jesus Christ through guest speakers, food and games.
- Takeover Retreats are usually offered every month and give teens an opportunity to build relationships with mentors and learn about the Lord in a different environment.
- Bethesda’s After-School Program serves youth ages 7 through 18 who, for the most part, live in the surrounding neighborhood. For teens, this program is offered Monday – Wednesday, and includes spiritual development, homework help, leadership opportunities and life-skill building.
- During summer break, we run an 8-week Summer Camp Program offering morning classes, lunch and a variety of afternoon field trips.
We know that, to affect the greatest change, we need to engage the whole family. As the Community Center expands, we envision additional programs for all-ages. Currently, we offer:
- Beloved Mothers
Supportive group meetings, encouragement, and appreciation events for mothers.
Free Zumba classes on Monday nights for anyone in the community interested in getting in shape and having fun!
- Community Events
In addition to Family Dinners for those enrolled in our children & teen programs, we host 2 or more community events throughout the year to provide resources, share the gospel, and encourage community building between our neighbors.
Director of Youth Ministries