May God bless you as you are a blessing to others!
Your Right to Privacy is important to us at Bethesda Mission. We know that we are blessed to have you as a supporter and want to protect your right to privacy as much as you do. That’s why we never sell or otherwise make available our donor’s names or information to other agencies or groups for any purpose.
Thank you for your continued loyalty to this ministry. Rest assured that your privacy will always remain a top priority to us.
Security is Important
We have taken every precaution to insure donor security. When you make a credit card donation from our web site, the information is encrypted and transmitted to VeriSign, a company that securely delivers payment information to our bank processor. To protect consumer data during transmission, VeriSign uses the latest SSL encryption technology and stores sensitive transaction information on secure systems that cannot be accessed through the Internet.
Below are some of the many ways in which an individual might contribute to our ministries:
- Cash Gifts – All of the funds to Bethesda come from individuals, churches, businesses and foundations; Bethesda Mission does not receive any government funding. We are grateful for your gift, no matter what the size, because our donors truly give from their hearts. Along with gifts, many times we receive prayer requests. We pray for each request individually, and over the years, we have seen God answer some prayers in great and mighty ways.
- Memorials/Tributes – Memorials/Tributes are published in each Quarterly Newsletter. Donors have the opportunity to honor past or present friends, family members, or special events. Donations not only help the guests that are struggling to begin a new life, but are also a lovely way of remembering those who have gone on before us. Another Special Way to make donations as memorials/tributes, is to use the “Certificate of Love“
- Matching Gifts – Please be sure to check with your employer. Many companies will match your gift to Bethesda Mission, if you simply let them know that you are donating to our organization.
- Wills/Planned Giving – This is yet another way in which you can continue to minister to the needy even after you are gone. Bethesda Mission has been blessed by many over the years who have remembered the poor and homeless in their wills. You can also consult with us to see what impact your gifts will have on your estate should you desire to make a sizeable gift while still living. Please call Scott Dunwoody at 717-257-4442, ext. 229 or visit our planned giving page for more information.
- Volunteer Work – Truly, without our volunteer workers, we could not keep our doors open to serve the poor and homeless in the area. There are numerous ways in which you can use your talents, regardless of what they may be. Please call Debbie King at 717-257-4442, ext. 222 or visit our volunteer page for more information.
- Prayer – While we do spend time praying for your requests, we also covet your prayers. For nearly a century, God has blessed this ministry and there is no doubt in any of the staff’s minds that it has been your prayers that have sustained us. Please continue to remember Bethesda Mission and the ones that they serve. You can view each ministry’s specific prayer requests here.
- Donate Items – We also have a Needs List for specific items being requested for donation.
*The Donation Center is located next to the Men’s Shelter at 611 Reily Street: 717-257-4440 ext. 337