Bethesda Mission’s Community Center
“Let the Fireproofing Spread”
Do you love Harrisburg? Help us spread the love and raise awareness through the #iheartHBG campaign! Learn more here.
Up on the Hill, literally, at the top of Herr Street, headed east from Cameron Street, is a small center birthed inside an old closed-down fire station. The children and teens coming to our Youth Center, and their families, are being fireproofed to cope with and absorb challenges they face, to find hope and success, all from a foundation of experiencing the love of God expressed through the mentoring and nurturing of dedicated, gifted adults.
- 108 year-old former fire station; converted into Youth Center in 1990
- For 25 years we’ve been building equity in the Herr Street community of Northern Allison Hill, Harrisburg; reaching 50-75 kids and their families annually
- HVAC, electrical, plumbing, restrooms all need complete overhaul; no ADA accessibility; Yet the building is structurally sound
- Currently no outdoor play area or parking; transporting kids in vans and cars to parks; indoor gym narrow area/former firetruck bays
- Staff have done wonderful job with severely limited facility; cramming many kids into building, turning some away
IT’S TIME FOR AN UPGRADE…
- The expanded land and renovated facilities will enable a much greater variety of indoor and outdoor activities and services for children, teens and adults.
- The newly acquired .55 acres/10,000 sf former printing building will offer a legitimate gym/activity center for athletics (raise the roof to 22’), creative arts, education and IT support systems, music studio, banquets/large events, outdoor play area, senior activities.
- Will be able to reach 150-200 kids and families.
We Need Your Help!
Stabler Foundation Matching Grant has been exceeded! Help us request an increased match or outright grant, through your donation.
Renovate Existing Youth Center $ 563,926
New Entryway $ 499,952
Renovate Printing Bldg for Gym $1,077,875
Outdoor Play Area/Parking $ 138,951
Foundation Grants Approved $ 562,500
Stabler Foundation Match $ 500,000
Individuals, Businesses, Churches (400) $ 314,702
Total Raised So Far: $1,377,202
Note: material donations; volunteer labor; other regional foundations will be asked to close the gap
Ways to Give
- Cash & publically traded securities
- Real estate valued at actual proceeds realized by Bethesda Mission
- Current cash value of life insurance policies where Bethesda Mission becomes owner and beneficiary of policy
- Estate gifts under wills and trusts paid or in process of being paid due to expiration of all intervening contingencies
- Gymnasium in newly acquired printing building
- Outdoor play area
- Fellowship hall in firehouse
- 2nd floor classroom(s) in firehouse; computer lab
- Kitchen upgrades
- Gym equipment
Contact Scott Dunwoody at 717-257-4442 x. 229 or email@example.com for more information & to discuss your giving options.
It’s Time to Reach More Kids and Families!