The Mission is incorporated

January 19, 1917 – The Mission is incorporated officially taking the name “Bethesda Mission.”

Early in 1915 the Mission moved to new quarters at No. 107 South Second Street, on the square in Harrisburg, and eventually occupied part of No. 101 to 105 and all of No. 107 South Second Street.  The Mission incorporated in January 1917, taking the name “Bethesda Mission,” meaning “A house of mercy (grace).”

Top